HOW WE WORK TOGETHER.
After 8+ years of clinical practice, Dr. Miller implements individualized, agile naturopathic care with a system + sequence to facilitate the process of getting you from where you are to where you want to be in the most efficient + effective manner possible.
Here is an outline of the process
1. SCHEDULE YOUR MEET & GREET + CLARIFY YOUR 'WHY'
After you've booked a 15 minute meet & greet w/ Dr. Miller, download and print page 1 of the short questionnaire below and fill it out before your appointment:
- Call Erin or Lila, our sparkly Office Managers at (519) 832-6688 to book your appt., and download the questionnaire below
2. GATHER INFORMATION
If you think that Dr. Miller's approach is a good fit for you and you'd like to pursue 1 on 1 naturopathic care, Erin or Lila will email your our electronic intake and consent form.
This is an in-depth questionnaire to have your health history on 'paper' before your 1st visit, so grab a cuppa tea or a 250 ml glass of wine and do your best to have it finished before your appointment.
Dr. Miller will review it before your first 1.5 hr appointment if you have it finished 24 hrs before
3. INITIAL APPOINTMENT
More information gathering + preliminary/foundational moves
- 90 minutes
- Comprehensive medical history
- Explore current health issues
- Relevant Physical Exam
- Formulate health goals
- Plan FOUNDATIONAL lifestyle changes (using NMRx Framework)
- Preliminary (few) specific prescriptions
- Order relevant lab testing
Sometimes it is necessary to dig a little deeper into your story and health history.
- This takes place between the 1st and 2nd visits and incurs no costs
5. SECOND VISIT
- 2-3 weeks after inital visit
- 45-60 minutes
- Troubleshoot and Refine initial plan
- Add more specific treatments
- Acupuncture, homeopathic medicine, herbs, other targeted nutritional supplements
- Referral to other professionals when in the patient's best interests
6. FOLLOW-UP VISITS
- usually 45 minutes but can be up to 60 minutes
- Every 4-12 weeks as required.
- Frequency will vary depending on your health concerns, goals, and difficulties in implementation
- Continue to refine, track and reassess health and treatment
- Homeopathy may be suggested as our relationship and understanding grows
"I've heard from some people that Dr. Miller is quite skilled with acupuncture; what if I only want acupuncture?"
The choice is yours!
If you only want acupuncture, that is fine. In fact, I'm quite flattered when this happens; it is almost always a direct referral from someone who has had a good acupuncture experience with me.
However, the probability of success with acupuncture alone is less than what is to be expected with a full NMRx (agile + individualized + structured naturopathic approach).
There are times, however, when it is all that you need; for e.g. in some cases of myofascial trigger point release (dry needling).
Total, Comprehensive Naturopathic Health
Holistic + Structured + Agile + Individualized
Nutrition | Dietetics | Lifestyle | Supplementation | Herbal Medicine | Acupuncture | Homeopathy